Tuesday, May 31, 2011

0 [primusic] PPTM chorus

 

I was out of town this week, so I had a wonderful sister substitute for me.  I just talked to my pianist to see how it went, and this is what she did with the kids.  I loved the ideas!   She worked mainly on the chorus with them.

 

She talked about the word “Hail”, and its meaning.  So whenever they said the word “Hail” in the chorus, they gave each other high fives!  Of course, it happens only once, but it got the kids to remember when to come in, and how to sing it.  So once they got the chorus to the point she thought that they sang it well, she said “Ok, now we cant give each other high fives in sacrament meeting, so when you sing ‘hail’, I want it to sound as if you were doing it”  She also had a dictionary, and had the one child look up some of the words in the song, while the rest sang the chorus.  They had a race to see who could look up the word before the chorus was done. 

 

With the Jr. Primary, she had them do the high fives, but they also talked about the words traitors and tyrants.  Every time they sang that part of the song, the kids would stamp their feet, and grind them into the ground.  Then said “we cant sing it like this in sacrament meeting, so how can we sing it to sound like we are doing that?” 

 

One of the reasons why I had asked this particular sister to sub for me is that she is the ward music leader.  In sacrament meeting on a regular basis, she has us sing “Tabernacle Choir” style.  And I love it.  I knew that she would know how I wanted this song to sound.  I told her that I thought it shouldn’t sound like a funeral dirge, and she had them sing it with more life! 

 

Anyway, I thought I would share those ideas.

Kel

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
***************
IMPORTANT LIST INFORMATION:

Try our message board!  http://primusic.proboards.com/index.cgi

To POST a message to this group, send it to:
primusic@yahoogroups.com

To UNSUBSCRIBE, send your request to:
primusic-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

to SUBSCRIBE, send your request to:
primusic-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

To access the LIST ARCHIVES, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primusic

To access our supplemental files group, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primusic_files/files/

To contact the list owner for problems with your account, send your message to: primusic-owner@yahoogroups.com

The purpose of this list is to share ideas about Primary Singing Time, let's try to keep on topic please!  Also make sure the subject line of your message accurately reflects what is in the message.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment