Sunday, July 31, 2011

0 Re: [primusic] Sleuth Review

 

I had the entire sharing/singing time for Music today and we used this idea today...the kids loved it!  I added another suspect and added another song 4th Article of Faith.  It was so cute, and the kids had a ball with it.  Thanks for sharing a great idea!  :-)
 
 
 
 
STEPHANIE
British Columbia
From: paladenifamily <paladeni@embarqmail.com>
To: primusic@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 11:39 PM
Subject: [primusic] Sleuth Review

 
I did this idea in 2005 with the program songs and am revamping for this year. I have the entire 40 minutes on Sunday.

I have outlined my letter explaining and my parts. I think my parts need some tweaking so I was hoping someone might be able to help me with it. If I remember right Dawn from Athens TX originally posted this idea 6 years ago. If you have any ideas to help me improve upon it please feel free to critique!

Here is my letter to give to my 'helpers'

Brothers and Sisters,

Thank you so much for helping me this Sunday. I sure appreciate it.

Okay our program is fast approaching and we are quickly reviewing our program songs. This is what I need from you.

I am detective Sing a lot and my program songs have been stolen from my program folder. I have been searching for the last two weeks and I have a list of suspects. I will tell the kids that my suspects are being held for questioning.

Each of you are my suspects and you will be waiting outside the primary door by the kitchen. You will have a name tag around your chest, handcuffs on, props if you need them (I will provide them) and a copy of the song that you have stolen somewhere hidden in your possession.

Our primary president or presidency member (AKA Detective Presidentio) will be waiting outside the doors with you, and we will communicate via walkie talkie. I will request that she bring in the first suspect and so on…….

Your part is attached to this paper and highlighted in the red ink. If you could say your part at the appointed time in our conversation that would be great. Each of your lines is a part of a program song that we are singing, and I'm hoping the kids can figure out which song has been stolen as you say your line.

I am going to tell the kids that they need to sing, follow me, etc.. in order to set our suspect free and return the song to my program file. I am hoping this encourages them to sing instead of quieting them.

When I feel that they have sung the song to the best of their ability (some of our songs are VERY rusty) I will question you as to whether you feel that you know the song well enough to return it to my program file. If you feel that they had a particular problem in one area please tell us (you might say, well I didn't understand the words in this part, so I'm not ready to give the song back, etc…) and then we will review again. So essentially you are helping decide when you feel that they've done the best they can do. If I think they are getting burned out of this song then I will grant you a fast break where you will be unlocked from the handcuffs, restore the song to my file, and exit out of the gym door where you will give the handcuffs to another suspect. I have three sets of cuffs so they will need to be used more than once.

We will repeat this same scenario about 12:20 for senior primary.

Thanks,
Angela

suspect parts:

000101~ Sally sour singer was interviewed and when asked if she had a stolen the songs she said she didn't do it. She said "It couldn't have been me I was preparing myself to visit a place of love and beauty it's my sacred duty" As soon as she said that I knew she was guilty. What song did she take? Now we have to sing the song to restore it to the program.

000102~Peter Pouter was caught with a song in his possession. When I asked him if he had been involved in singing the songs he denied any involvement. He said "my song is a gift. I have a plan and a purpose" What song did he take?

000103~Wanda Don't Wanna Warbler was found outside, on a hill in a garden when I questioned about her suspicious behavior, she said " Love and a prayer took me there my steps were heavy and slow" What song did she take?

000104~ When I located Martha Mushy Melody, I found her amongst traitors and tyrants I immediately knew she was guilty of taking a song. When I questioned her she said "these traitors and tyrants will fight in vain" What song did she take?

000105~ Tommy Talk A lot was caught red handed, but when we questioned him, he said he was framed. He got very sassy and said "I have some words for you and you'll listen to my words at work or at play in darkness or light" What song did he take?

000106~ Timmy Too Cool To Sing was found around the corner looking suspicious. I questioned him about the disappearing songs, and he said "It wasn't me, I was busy changing how I live and changing what I'll be"
Which song did he take?

000107~ Realizing my good detective skills Heidi Hemming and Hawing became afraid and turned herself in. When I asked her why he took our song he said "I wanted to search the scriptures, listen to the prophet, and fill my soul with peace," Which song did Heid take?



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
***************
IMPORTANT LIST INFORMATION:

Try our message board!  http://primusic.proboards.com/index.cgi

To POST a message to this group, send it to:
primusic@yahoogroups.com

To UNSUBSCRIBE, send your request to:
primusic-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

to SUBSCRIBE, send your request to:
primusic-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

To access the LIST ARCHIVES, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primusic

To access our supplemental files group, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primusic_files/files/

To contact the list owner for problems with your account, send your message to: primusic-owner@yahoogroups.com

The purpose of this list is to share ideas about Primary Singing Time, let's try to keep on topic please!  Also make sure the subject line of your message accurately reflects what is in the message.
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment