Wednesday, August 31, 2011

0 Re: [Piano_Files] Writing Sheet Music

 

Hi

Midi "Musical Instrumental Digital Interface" protocol for musical instruments to "talk" to each other.  I'd probably do some reading.  The article on WIKI isn't bad - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIDI

I'm not using a PC for notation (still use NOTATOR on an antique ATARI).  A friend uses Sibelius and is impressed, but it's far from free.  If I'm not using NOTATOR, I use a 2B pencil.

cheers

Alan

Alan Clarke
Queensland, Australia

--- On Thu, 1/9/11, Sonny <sonnyrae@rocketmail.com> wrote:

 

Hello all,
I recently started transcribing my own sheet music but I was wondering what the best (and preferably free) sheet music writing program is for the computer.

Also, I don't really understand what MIDI is...? Do they sell sheet music?

Much thanks,

Sonny...

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment