Monday, June 6, 2011

0 Re: [primusic] Re: Fathers

 

Thank you so much!  I did pretty much what you said about the chorus, and but taught the senior primary the first verse.  I like the idea of small groups singing.  I'll have to see if I can pull something like that together in time!

Beth


From: Amy <amyandneal@gmail.com>
To: primusic@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 6, 2011 5:30 PM
Subject: [primusic] Re: Fathers

 
We're doing this one, too, but I wanted to spend very little time on it. I asked for volunteers to sing the different verses (we ended up with 3 on each of the 3 verses) and I'll have the rest of the Primary "oooo" the melody while the small group is singing. Then everyone will sing the chorus. So most of the kids just have to learn the chorus, which they were able to do pretty quickly. (I'll hold up flipcharts for the small groups when we're in the chapel.)

To learn the chorus we talked first about the different kinds of fathers (dad, bishop, Heavenly Father) and then a little about the Family Proclamation and the duties of fathers. Then I sang through the chorus and had them listen for 4 things fathers do (watch, protect, guid, direct) and I wrote the first letter of each word on the board (WPGD). So when we sang that part I just pointed to the letters to help them remember that little list. Seemed to work well.

That's about all I have for you. Hope it helps!

~Amy in Illinois

--- In primusic@yahoogroups.com, Beth Liechty <bethliechty6@...> wrote:
>
> I'm teaching Fathers starting tomorrow in prep for Fathers Day in two weeks and singing in Sacrament Mtg.  Have any of you had any good ideas/experiences teaching this song?  This will be the first song I've "taught" since getting this new calling, so I don't want to mess it up:)
>
> Beth
>



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
***************
IMPORTANT LIST INFORMATION:

Try our message board!  http://primusic.proboards.com/index.cgi

To POST a message to this group, send it to:
primusic@yahoogroups.com

To UNSUBSCRIBE, send your request to:
primusic-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

to SUBSCRIBE, send your request to:
primusic-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

To access the LIST ARCHIVES, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primusic

To access our supplemental files group, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primusic_files/files/

To contact the list owner for problems with your account, send your message to: primusic-owner@yahoogroups.com

The purpose of this list is to share ideas about Primary Singing Time, let's try to keep on topic please!  Also make sure the subject line of your message accurately reflects what is in the message.
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment