Sunday, August 7, 2011

0 Re: [primusic] newly called...and a bit nervous!

 

Thanks for the great suggestion.  I've been reading through some of the group ideas and I already feel better...even excited!

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Jean Wilson <thumpadeeny@yahoo.ca> wrote:
 

Welcome Jennifer;  you came to the right place.  The people in this group have amazing ideas and are always willing to share them and give advice etc.  We are one big happy family.  
One idea about the program is don't sweat it!!! The kids probably know the songs.  I always print out the words nice and big... one song per page and have them in plastic sleeves  telling me what time signature it is and I make any other notes on it that I need to remember.... like 'sit the kids down' that is one I always forgot to do with my first program.  Then you have something to help you with when you have those blank moments when you can't remember the words.
You will get tons of ideas from this group.
Jean Wilson
Alberta Canada


From: Jennifer Kay <jenniferderrkay@gmail.com>
To: primusic@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, August 7, 2011 4:03:35 PM
Subject: [primusic] newly called...and a bit nervous!

 
Hi, my name is Jennifer.  I've just been called as the music leader in primary.  I haven't stepped foot in primary for years so I'm a bit nervous. I have been in nursery for the past two years and it has been my favorite calling.  I loved doing singing time with them. 

I officially start next Sunday.  The Primary Program is just weeks away so I've been listening to the songs non-stop trying to get the music memorized but honestly I sort of don't know where to start. 

This group came highly recommended by a good friend who was amazing at this calling.  I'm hoping to find ideas and support here.





__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
***************
IMPORTANT LIST INFORMATION:

Try our message board!  http://primusic.proboards.com/index.cgi

To POST a message to this group, send it to:
primusic@yahoogroups.com

To UNSUBSCRIBE, send your request to:
primusic-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

to SUBSCRIBE, send your request to:
primusic-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

To access the LIST ARCHIVES, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primusic

To access our supplemental files group, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primusic_files/files/

To contact the list owner for problems with your account, send your message to: primusic-owner@yahoogroups.com

The purpose of this list is to share ideas about Primary Singing Time, let's try to keep on topic please!  Also make sure the subject line of your message accurately reflects what is in the message.
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment