Sunday, August 21, 2011

0 Re: [primusic] Help! I Will Follow God's Plan

 

I did something similar to what Katrina did but used objects instead.  I think it was:  a little present, a calendar/scheduler, the word purpose, a picture of the heavens (sky), the word choice, pic of home, baby, flashlight, another baby?, plan=scheduler or a map, word=book of mormon, love=heart,  little hammer (work), ball (play), walk (kid that "walked" in place), happy=our wedding pic, home above=point upwards.


I think I first briefly spoke or sang the song while I held up the object and then I chose kids to hold the objects and when we were singing that part that kid was supposed to hold up their piece or do their motion.  They all stood in a line-it was a fairly long line- and did  their part when we sang that part.  You could also review it a couple of times and then have someone sit down but leave their space open (not have the other kids fill it in) and then the kids would have to remember who was there before and what they were holding.  You could continually have children with the objects sit down until the kids got the song down.

Also when singing  the song since learning it, I sometimes do actions to the words--mostly for the younger kids.  I will make my fingers "walk.  I will hold fast to an imaginary rod, open my hands like a Book of Mormon, swing a "bat" for play...etc...

Hope this helps!  The kids really got this song quickly.

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Chad and Katrina McNiven <ckmcniven@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

I did something very simple with it - I made a few simple pictures - a gift, a cloud (representing heaven), and earth, and a candle (for God's light).  Then we did a few simple ASL signs for the chorus - follow, holding fast, a book for God's word, and the sign for love, work and pray, walk, happy, earth, home above.  The kids picked up on it rather quickly.  We reviewed it today, and even the little ones seemed to remember it.  Good luck!
Katrina
By the way, I only used the pictures for the first few weeks when we were just starting out.  After that, they kids had it down.
 
"You may be sorry that you spoke, sorry you stayed or went, sorry you won or lost, sorry so much was spent. But as you go through life, you'll find you're never sorry you were kind."
Herbert V. Prochnow


From: meganheywoodsharp <meganheywoodsharp@yahoo.com>
To: primusic@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 10:00 PM
Subject: [primusic] Help! I Will Follow God's Plan

 
So I made the mistake of teaching all three verses of "If I Listen With My Heart" in ASL which took all of January and February. This means that I haven't taught "I Will Follow God's Plan" yet.

At this point I'm a bit panicky. I don't know how to teach this song and I need some help! Anyone have any ideas on how I can teach this song FAST?

Thanks!




__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
***************
IMPORTANT LIST INFORMATION:

Try our message board!  http://primusic.proboards.com/index.cgi

To POST a message to this group, send it to:
primusic@yahoogroups.com

To UNSUBSCRIBE, send your request to:
primusic-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

to SUBSCRIBE, send your request to:
primusic-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

To access the LIST ARCHIVES, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primusic

To access our supplemental files group, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primusic_files/files/

To contact the list owner for problems with your account, send your message to: primusic-owner@yahoogroups.com

The purpose of this list is to share ideas about Primary Singing Time, let's try to keep on topic please!  Also make sure the subject line of your message accurately reflects what is in the message.
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment