Friday, August 19, 2011

0 Re: [primusic] organizing

 

Hi Kristy,
 
I have been music leader for about 10 years now.  I don't use "flip charts", for every song, but do use visuals.  I often use a picture that conveys the basic message of the phrase.  I usually put magnet tape on the back and use the whole chalk board, I try to use very few words on the pages because I have found that becomes a crutch for Senior and the Jr.'s can't read for the most part, anyway. 
 
I have found for me that the large mailing envelopes work really well because I don't find there are missing pieces when it's time to put away and/or use again.  I label them on the front of the envelope with black marker, then use the plastic carry file boxes to store in alphabetical order.  You can then keep the year's worth of songs in one at the church and have the rest home.  Works really well for me.  You are just going to have to find what is best for you.
 
A fun review game I have is "Beat the Clock"  Where I put all the pictures in a stack on the table and they have a set time to put them all on the board in order.  Then we sing the song to see if they got it right.
Best of luck,
Melanie Edwards
Sherman Oaks, CA
 

--- On Fri, 8/19/11, Kristy Smith <jksfam@byu.net> wrote:

From: Kristy Smith <jksfam@byu.net>
Subject: [primusic] organizing
To: primusic@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, August 19, 2011, 8:44 AM

 
Hi! This is probably in the archives somewhere, but I am wondering how you have found it best to organize all you use as music leader. I'm thinking of using sheet protectors and binders, or possibly some kind of rolling bin with hanging file folders. I'd rather start something and continue it than realize it doesn't really work and start over a different way. Thank you for your input!

Kristy Smith

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
***************
IMPORTANT LIST INFORMATION:

Try our message board!  http://primusic.proboards.com/index.cgi

To POST a message to this group, send it to:
primusic@yahoogroups.com

To UNSUBSCRIBE, send your request to:
primusic-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

to SUBSCRIBE, send your request to:
primusic-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

To access the LIST ARCHIVES, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primusic

To access our supplemental files group, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primusic_files/files/

To contact the list owner for problems with your account, send your message to: primusic-owner@yahoogroups.com

The purpose of this list is to share ideas about Primary Singing Time, let's try to keep on topic please!  Also make sure the subject line of your message accurately reflects what is in the message.
MARKETPLACE
A good Credit Score is 720, find yours & what impacts it at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment